Board of Education Meeting
November 13, 2017
5 a/b. Minutes and bills
5 c. Hires: Abdiwahab Ali/Migrant Coordinator and Adult Education Liaison, Nick
Zieman/Middle School Boys’ Basketball Coach, Shelby Varney/Boys’ Track, Erin
Hutchins/Assistant Girls’ High School Coach, and Michael Henricksen/Custodian 2nd
Shift at the Elementary School
5 d. Resignations: Paula Enyart/Basketball Cheerleading and Sheyla Chavez/After School
5 e. Transfers: Randy Martie/Custodian Modified 1st Shift (10:00 A.M. – 6:30 P.M.)
5 f. Acceptance of Donations/Gifts to the District (see attachment)
5 g. Approve the 2017-2018 PCSD Desegregation Ratio and Category Matrix
7. Learning and Leadership – We are going to invite the new teachers to introduce themselves at
the board meeting.
8. The board needs to consider the second reading of the board policies: 502.6 Weapons,
507.2 Smoking Drinking Drugs, 503.1 Student Conduct, 503.1.R1 Student Suspension,
503.2 Expulsion, 503.5 Corporal Punishment, and 905.2 Tobacco Nicotine Free Environment. The board policies reflect the current samples from the Iowa Association of School Boards policy book.
9. The board needs to consider a School Budget Review Committee modified supplemental
amount request. This application is for costs associated with increased enrollment and
English Language Learner Beyond 5 Years for the 2017-2018 year in the amount of
10. The board will hold a public hearing for the summer 2018 roofing project.
11. The board will need to consider roofing bids for the 2018 roofing project. Glen and I are
recommending Service Roofing as the low bidder. They did the roofing work last
summer for our school.