5 a/b. Minutes and bills
5 c. Hires: David Peterson/Elementary Custodian, Nick Zieman/Assistant Golf Coach, Stephanie Burroughs/Lunchroom Computer Para, Marcy Kraus/Softball Coach, and Jill Dehning/Van Driver to Decorah Route
5 d. Resignations: Daneshia Snitker/7th/8th Math Teacher, Doreen Zimmerman/High School Science, and Kim Kleve/High School Girls’ Basketball
5 e. Transfers:
5 f. Acceptance of Donations/Gifts to the District (see attachment)
7. Learning and Leadership – Lindsay Salinas will present highlights from the STEAM event which occured on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, at the elementary school.
9. The board will consider renewing the Superintendent Sharing Agreement with North Winneshiek for the 2018-2019 school year. The agreement is worth 8 extra students in supplemental state aid which equals $54,704 in additional funding. Plus the district saves money by paying 75% of the superintendent’s salary/benefits package. The agreement is considered on an annual basis.
10. The board will consider renewing the Human Resources Sharing Agreement with Allamakee for the 2018-2019 school year. The agreement is worth 5 extra students in supplemental state aid which equals $34,190 in additional funding. Jeanette Ruegnitz works in the central office one day/week and in Waukon two days/week. Her contract is held by Allamakee.
11. The board will consider the first reading of policy updates 415.1A Job Description for Junior/Senior High Principal and Activity Director’s Secretary, 415.1B Job Description for Elementary Principal Secretary, and 415.1C Job Description for K-12 Secretary. For the 2018-2019 school year, the administration is recommending the district add a K-12 Secretary position and update the job descriptions for the elementary and junior/senior high principals. Please refer to the attachments for more details.
12. The board will consider the bid from Cresco Builders for the 2018 elementary building improvement projects. The project was reduced to stay within budget. Please refer to the enclosed information.
13. Melissa and I will review information for the FY19 budget. The district will hold a public hearing and approve the budget in April.
14. The board will consider a lease agreement with Verizon. Verizon wants to place a small cell phone tower on the elementary light pole. (see enclosed maps) The tower will assist the community with better cell phone reception near the school. They will pay us $150/month for rent and $1,500/year for electricity. U.S Cellular is also interested in a tower near the school.
15. The board will hold a public hearing for the 2018-2019 District Calendar.
a. The board will consider the 2018-2019 District Calendar which was created by the calendar committee.
- We are waiting for the football schedule to coordinate the homecoming date.
- The basis of the calendar is 1,116 hours of instruction and not days. The minimum number of hours for Iowa schools is 1,080 which excludes lunchtime.
- The regular school days will be 8:10 A.M. – 3:15 P.M. and the professional development days will be 8:10 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
- There will be regular early Wednesday dismissals for consistent professional development time. The district is required to have 36 hours of collaboration time built into the calendar. Currently, we have 37 hours.
- The first day of school will be Thursday, August 23, 2018, and the last day will be Thursday, May 23, 2019.
16. The board will consider the cooperative swimming contract with Decorah. Kathleen Looney, who will be a freshman next year, is interested in joining the Decorah Swim Team. The agreement will cost the district $350.
17. Bill Armentrout has agreed to perform CDL physicals for our drivers at $105/physical. The district currently uses Gundersen Lutheran.