Board of Education Meeting
May 14, 2018
5 a/b. Minutes, bills, and financial reports
5 c. Hires: Stephanie Spain/Summer School Teacher, Ashley Cioccio/Summer School Teacher, Erin Hutchins/Summer School Teacher, Angela Adney/Summer School Teacher, Jessica Koester/Summer School Teacher, Tonya Vagts/Summer School Teacher, Jennifer Benda/Summer School Assistant Tutor, Barb Harris/Summer School Assistant Tutor, Elizabeth Perez/Summer School Assistant Tutor, Joanna Smith/Summer School Assistant Tutor, Rey Mucia/Assistant Boys’ Basketball Coach, Jill Dehning/Part-time Summer Custodian, Tonya Vagts/Kindergarten Teacher, Kim Kleve/Assistant High School Girls’ Basketball Coach, Susan Schlein/Summer Credit Recovery at RISE Academy, Julie Heitland/Summer Credit Recovery at RISE Academy, Susie Merrifield/Migrant/ESL Summer School Instructor, RaeAnne Caldwell/Migrant/ESL Summer School Instructor, Kathy Ohloff/Migrant/ESL Summer School Instructor, Emma Treloar/Migrant/ESL Summer School Instructor
5 d. Resignations: Maria Lopez/Elementary Associate, Tommy Chavez/Elementary Associate
5 e. Transfers:
5 f. Acceptance of Donations/Gifts to the District (see attachment)
5 g. Derek Friedrich accepted a $10,000 grant to cover the costs associated with the International Thespian Festival in Lincoln, Nebraska. The students along with Derek and Anne Friederich will attend the festival from June 25, 2018-June 30, 2018.
5h. The board needs to consider the 2018 graduation lists.
I want to recognize the school board during School Board Recognition Month. Thank you for your service!!!! The students, staff and community value your commitment to public education. Also, the climate committee is hosting a retirement recognition luncheon for Mary Jo Moore, on Friday, June 1, 2018, at 11:00 P.M. in the Fine Arts Lobby. You are invited to attend.
- The board will consider the second reading of policy updates 415.1A Job Description for Junior/Senior High Principal and Activity Director’s Secretary, 415.1B Job Description for Elementary Principal Secretary, and 415.1C Job Description for K-12 Secretary. For the 2018-2019 school year, the administration is recommending the district add a K-12 Secretary position and update the job descriptions for the elementary and junior/senior high principals. Please refer to the attachments for more details. Also, the board will review and consider a board policy regarding “online fundraising campaigns”.
- The board needs to consider the first reading of policy updates.
- 606.5 Student Field Trips and Excursions. The policy was revised to exclude references for written summaries in the annual report.
- 401.7 Employee Travel Compensation. I am recommending the meal amounts increase by $3 for each meal which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The board needs to consider the FoodCorp Liaison for the 2018-2019 school year. The nutrition fund will pay for the district’s fee of $7,500. Food Corp is a national service program conducted by FoodCorps to combat childhood obesity and food insecurity, pursuant to which Service Members complete a year-long term of stipend AmeriCorps service, during which time they work to foster the creation of healthy school food environments on behalf of children in limited-resource communities.