Online Nomination Form
Pirate Hall of Fame Nomination Guidelines
- Individual: Graduated at least five (5) years ago
- Coach: Can no longer be coaching high school sports in the school district and have at least five years of coaching tenure at PHS
- Team: At least ten (10) years since the event for which the team is being nominated
- Special Contributors: Loyal and devoted supporter of PHS, school personnel, community supporters, officials, does not have to be a graduate of Postville High School
- Must be state-sanctioned sport
After an individual or a team is nominated, the nomination will remain active. Therefore, a nominee can be considered for the Hall of Fame each year.
For the purposes of the Pirate Hall of Fame, "Postville" includes former school districts that are now a part of the Postville Community School District.
Selection Committee members are:
- One representative from the Postville Booster Club
- Current or former coach at PHS
- Three school district members who have graduated from any of the schools in the Postville Community School District
- One current or former Faculty Member
- The Selection Committee members may be replaced after five years providing suitable volunteers can be found
Suggested Guidelines for the Selection Committee
When selecting inductees, the Selection Committee will give particular attention to the following accomplishments:
- All-State teams (Des Moines Register and/or coaches' associations)
- All Conference/All District
- Record holders
- State champions (team or individuals)
- Conference, Sectional, District Champions
- Special Contributors: Specific support to a Postville athletic program
- Individuals who have carried on PHS Athletics success and honor beyond their years at PHS
All Hall of Fame inductees must receive super majority (5 out of 6) approval of the selection committee.
The Selection Committee will not do research on the nominees but will only verify statistical information submitted. Therefore, it is imperative that the nominator provide as much information as possible. Attachments (such as reference letters, newspaper clippings, statistics, award certificates, etc.) to the application will be helpful to the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will not return any nomination information; therefore, the nominator should submit only photocopies of the attachments.