Postville Board of Education Meeting
Regular Scheduled Meeting at 6:30 P.M.
April 8, 2019
President Cox called the regular meeting of the Postville Board of Education to order at 6:30 PM, on Monday, March 11, 2019, with the following members present: Tony Gericke, JoAnn Jacobs, Staci Malcom, and Jamie Smith.
President Cox welcomed the visitors.
Motion by Malcom, second by Smith, to approve the agenda, with the addition of a second list of invoices, Brad Rose as a hire, Amanda Rude as a transfer, and the TLC Program for 2019-2020. Carried unanimously.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to approve the consent agenda. Carried unanimously.
- Approve March 11, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes.
- Approve the monthly invoices (reviewed by Jeff Cox) and financial reports.
- Approve the hiring of Kirsten Richardson/Summer School Teacher, Ashley Cioccio/Summer School Teacher, Tonya Vagts/Summer School Teacher, Marissa West/Summer School Teacher, Jenny Fangman/Summer School Teacher, Jessie Koester/Summer School Teacher (until June 14, 2019), Jennifer Benda/Summer School Assistant, Jesania Vargas/Summer School Assistant, Jaqueline Lopez/Summer School Assistant, April McQuade/Summer School Assistant, Joanna Smith/Summer School Assistant, Elizabeth Perez/Summer School Assistant, Yaneth Rafael/Summer School Assistant, Mandi Sebastian/Summer School Assistant, Stephanie Burroughs/Summer School Assistant (after regular secretarial contract is complete), Morgan Taake/Summer School Coordinator, Laurie Smith/Summer School Food Service, Deb Schultz/Summer School Food Service, and Chris Trone/Summer School Food Service, Brad Rose/Drivers Ed.
- Approve the resignations of Cornal Baker/Custodian; Betsy Shea/High School Drama Director and Junior Class Sponsor.
- Approve the transfers of Morgan Taake/K-8 TAG/Computer Science Grant, Dara Knudtson/9-12 TAG from .64 to .94 FTE, and Amanda Rude/4th Grade.
- Acceptance of donations. ($21.00 West Post Project Club for Kids’ Needs).
- Approve the continuation of mowing/trimming services with A&S Lawn Care for the 2019 mowing season.
- Approve a senior trip to the Twin Cities on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 through Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
Mr. Dugger shared the PPEL Vote was approved with a 74% approval rate (159 yes votes, 57 no votes), which extends the Voted PPEL tax to 2033.
Mrs. Schutte shared information on the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Action Plan. Tonight, STEAM night is being held for children and parents. Kindergarten Roundup is scheduled for April 26, 2019.
Mr. Knudtson presented a quick look at ESSA and PD in the secondary building.
Learning and Leadership information was incorporated into the principal reports regarding ESSA.
Motion by Malcom, second by Gericke, to accept the FY18 Audit. Carried unanimously.
President Cox opened the 2019-2020 Budget Hearing at 6:52 PM. The hearing was closed at 6:57 PM.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to approve the 2019-2020 Budget, with a tax rate of $13.069. Carried unanimously.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to approve the first reading of the following board policy. Carried unanimously.
a. 506.1 Education Records Access
Motion by Malcom, second by Gericke, to approve the Teacher Leadership and Compensation Program Staffing for the 2019-2020 School Year. Carried unanimously.
Elementary Professional Learning Community Team Leaders - Additional Time Stipend $1,000
Lisa Acevedo, Denise Imoehl, Ashley Morarend, Brooke Rooney, LaRae Schutte, Stephanie Spain, Katie Vorwald
Jr/Sr High Building Leadership Team - Additional Time Stipend $1,000
Anne Friederich, Aleya Grimes, Kayla Rupard, Susie Schlein, DeAnn Lenth, Susie Mueller, Scott Zierath
Model Teachers - Additional Time Stipend $2,500
Jennifer Harman, RJ Olsen
Mary Guese Additional Time Stipend $6,250
Sara Kellogg Additional Time Stipend $7,500
Joy Minikwu Additional Time Stipend $6,250
Danielle Rose Additional Time Stipend $7,500
Lindsay Salinas Additional Time Stipend $7,500
Items for May Board Meeting
- Budget Amendment Hearing
- Graduation List
- Cooperative swimming agreement with Decorah
- Renew Human Resource Sharing Agreement with MFL MM
- Renew the Elementary Guidance Sharing Agreement with MFL MM
- Renew the Transportation Director Sharing Agreement with MFL MM
- Update on Playground Project
The May Board Meeting for the Postville Board of Education will be held on May 13, 2019, at 6:30 P.M, at the Postville Fine Arts Center Lobby.
Motion by Smith, second by Gericke, to adjourn the meeting at 7:07 P.M. Carried unanimously.
Jeff Cox, President Melissa Fettkether, Secretary