Postville Board of Education Meeting
Regular Scheduled Meeting at 6:30 P.M.
Fine Arts Lobby
November 12, 2018
President Cox called the regular meeting of the Postville Board of Education to order at 6:30 P.M. on Monday, November 12, 2018, with the following members present: Jamie Smith and JoAnn Jacobs. Members absent: Tony Gericke and Staci Malcom.
President Cox welcomed the visitors.
Luke Steege and Lindsay Salinas presented information on playground fundraising.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to approve the agenda. Carried unanimously.
Motion by Jacobs, second by Smith to approve the consent agenda with the addition of an open enrollment request. Carried unanimously.
- Approve the October 8, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes.
- Approve the monthly invoices (reviewed by Jeff Cox) and financial reports.
- Approve the hire of RJ Olsen/Elementary Tutor, Morgan Taake/Elementary Tutoring Coordinator, Shelby Varney/Elementary Tutor, Jennifer Benda/Elementary Tutor, Lisa Acevedo/Elementary Tutor, Blanca Nunez/Elementary Tutor, Lisa Snitker/Elementary Tutor, Carolyn Combs/Elementary Tutor, Ashley Cioccio/Elementary Tutor, Denise Mauss/Elementary Tutor, Amy Norby/Elementary Tutor, Linda Miller/Elementary Tutor, Brooke Rooney/Elementary Tutor, Jenna Beatty/Elementary Tutor, Jessie Koester/Elementary Tutor, Kirsten Richarson/Elementary Tutor, and Stephanie Spain/Elementary Tutor, Keisha Kerr/Elementary Substitute Tutor, and Marcy Kraus/Elementary Substitute Tutor at $25 per hour for tutors and $50 per hour for coordinator.
- Approve the resignation of Sean Singewald/Middle School Football Coach.
- No transfers.
- Approve the volunteer position of Lakken Cox/Volunteer High School Assistant GIrls’ Basketball Coach.
- No Donations.
- Approve the updated PCSD Desegregation Ratio and Category Matrix.
- Approve the early graduation request.
- Approve an open enrollment in request.
The new teachers for the 2018-2019 school year introduced themselves to the board during Learning and Leadership.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to approve the second reading of a board policy. Carried unanimously.
- 726 Capital Assets
Motion by Jacobs, second by Smith, to approve the Jr./Sr. Handbook Policy Update. Carried unanimously.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to approve the resolution for application to the SBRC for Increased Enrollment, Uncounted Open Enrollments, and English Language Learners Beyond 5 Years in the amount of $111,250.88. Carried unanimously.
Motion by Jacobs, second by Smith, to approve the resolution ordering an Election on the Question of Continuing to Levy and Impose a Voter Approved Physical Plant and Equipment Property Tax and Income Surtax. Carried unanimously.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to accept the bid from Advance Builders, in the amount of $10,700, for the Elementary Roof Repair; and to accept the bid from Service Roofing, in the amount of $ 20,506, for Section K of the Mott Building. Carried unanimously.
The December Board Meeting for the Postville Board of Education will be held on December 10, 2018, at 6:30 P.M, at the Postville Fine Arts Center Lobby.
Motion by Smith, second by Jacobs, to adjourn the meeting at 7:18 PM. Carried unanimously.
Jeff Cox, President Melissa Fettkether, Secretary