Code No. 101.2a Educational Philosophy of the Cora B. Darling Elementary/Middle School
Code No. 101.2a
Policy Title: Educational Philosophy of the Cora B. Darling Elementary/Middle School
Cora B. Darling Primary School and faculty and staff, serving grades AK-2, believe in creating a warm, caring, and rich environment which considers the student as a whole, and tries to develop his/her potential.
We believe . . .
- Primary education should build the foundation for a lifetime of learning by promoting the concepts of understanding, confidence, responsibility, knowledge of self and tolerance of others for each student.
- Education should be available to all students regardless of age, color, creed national origin, race, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical attributes, physical or mental ability or disability, ancestry, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status or familial status.
- That each child’s developmental process is different and we will use a variety of research-based teaching strategies to meet the strengths and needs of each child.
- Learning is highly dependent upon language and therefore each child’s language proficiency in speaking, writing, reading, and listing is a major goal.
- That open and effective communication with students, parents, and the community are vital to the educational process.
Approved: 2-12-07 Reviewed: 2/13/12 Revised: 12/10/07