Code No. 101.2b Educational Philosophy of the Cora B. Darling Elementary/Middle School
Code No. 101.2b
Policy Title: Educational Philosophy of the Cora B. Darling Elementary/Middle School
Cora B. Darling Intermediate School faculty and staff, serving grades 3-5, believe in creating an environment which considers the student as a whole, and tries to develop his/her potential.
We believe . . .
- In providing a safe, creative, stimulating and caring environment, which promotes self-esteem, sound character, responsibility and respect for diversity.
- That high expectations yield high results, and that we can best meet the academic needs of our students by teaming our teachers and by using differentiated teaching strategies and materials.
- That learning is a lifelong process and that all members of our school community are responsible to and for each other.
- Learning is highly dependent upon language and therefore each child’s language proficiency in speaking, writing, reading, and listing is a major goal.
- That open and effective communication with students, parents, and the community are vital to the educational process.
Approved: 2-12-07 Reviewed: 2/13/12 Revised: 12/10/07