Code No. 901a Use of Facilities Application Form – Fine Arts and Civic Center
Building and Sites
Code No. 901a
Policy Title: Use of Facilities Application Form –Fine Arts and Civic Center
Postville Community School District
Fine Arts and Civic Center
USE OF FACILITIES APPLICATION FORM
The buildings, sites, and equipment of the Postville School District may be made available for a fee to local nonprofit entities that promote cultural, educational, civic, community, or recreational activities. Such use will be permitted only when the use does not interfere with or disrupt the education program or school-related activity. The board reserves the right to deny use of the buildings, sites, and equipment to any group.
- There shall be no alcoholic beverages or tobacco products bought or consumed in the buildings or on the grounds.
- All request from the non-school use for any facility should be made to the building principal who will in turn send it to the appropriate personnel (Central Office, Activities Director, Head Custodian, Media Specialist, and Applicant)
- It is within the discretion of the board to allow for-profit entities to use school district buildings and sites.
- The facilities will be made available only to organizations serving the local community.
- A school employee shall be in attendance or available on site. *If the activity takes place during times other than a custodian’s normal hours, the user must pay for this time. School personnel must be in charge when the school kitchens are used for meal preparation.
- Need for early access and/or late departure from time s of leased activity will necessitate payment for custodian for such coverage.
- A Rental Form must be signed for the use for the facility and the user fees provided for in the form must be paid to the Postville Community School District, 312 West Post, Postville Iowa 52162.
- Any damage to equipment or cost incurred for cleaning will be paid for by the user organization using the facility.
- A minimum of $300,000 bodily insurance, $1,000 medical insurance, and $10,000 in property damage insurance coverage must be possessed by the group. The undersigned will hold the Postville Community School District harmless from any and all damages and claims that may arise by reason of any negligence on the part of the organization in use of any facility or equipment owned by the school district. In case any action is brought therefore against the school district or any of its officers, employees or agents, the organization using the school’s facilities / equipment will assume full responsibility for legal defense thereof, and upon its failure to do so on proper notice, the school district reserves the right to defend such action and to charge all cost, including attorney’s fees, to the entity.
Meeting Planner Worksheet
Date of function ________________ Times: ______________ Contact Person:___________________________
Name of Organization _________________________________ Please Print Name
Telephone Number ______________ FAX Number ________________________ Number of Attendees: _____
Fine Arts and Civic Center Room Setup
___ Conference Style ___ Theatre Style ___ Classroom Style
___ U – Shape ___ Hollow Square #___ Round Tables #___ Rectangular Tables
Registration Table Yes ____ No _____ Head Table Yes ____ No_____
( ) Check desired room Maximum Capacity Cost
___ South Conference Room 10 people theatre style $5.00 per-hour
___ North Conference Room 35 people theatre style $5.00 per-hour
___ Lobby 80 people theatre style $10.00 per-hour
___ Auditorium / Lobby 450 people $20.00 per-hour
___ Auditorium / Lobby – Modified Stage 450 –500 people $25.00 per-hour
( ) Check desired equipment
___ Video Projector with computer – $15.00 ___ Overhead Projector – $5.00
___ 12’ X 12’ Screen $5.00 ___ 6’ X 6’ Screen $5.00
___ TV / VCR $5.00 ___ Projector Cart NC
___ Wired Lavaliere $5.00 ___ Microphone NC
___ Wireless Handheld $10.00 ___ Extension Cords NC
___ Smart Board (Video Projector / Computer) Screen $25.00 ____ * Custodial $15.00 per-hour
___ Standing Podium NC ___ Table Top Podium NC
___ Tech Director $25.00 per hour ___ Smart Board $25.00
# of Booths _______ Tables ______ # of Booths requiring electric _____
TOTAL Fee $ ______________ Administrator’s Approval:_______________ Date:_________
APPLICANT’S SIGNATURE AGREEING TO RULES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FEES:____________________________
Copies are sent to: Central Administration, Activity Director, Head Custodian, Media Specialist, and Applicant
Approved: 1-12-04 Reviewed: 6/10/13 Revised: 4/14/08