Physical Education Department
The Pirate way
Hard work and perseverance will win
No jewelry allowed
Gym shoes used only for Physical Education class
Appropriate athletic shorts, no tight shorts
Postville T-shirt or any clean T-shirt (cannot be torn or slit up the sides) no cut offs
Expect to get sweaty so showers are expected
This course provides students the continuing opportunity to learn through a developmentally appropriate, comprehensive sequentially planned physical education program. The focus of this course is the application of movement skills and knowledge to team and individual physical activities. This will give students the opportunity to learn fitness concepts and conditioning techniques used for obtaining optimal physical fitness. Course includes both lecture and activity sessions. Students will be empowered to make wise choices, meet challenges, and develop positive behaviors in fitness, wellness, and movement activity for a lifetime. My goal is to get your heart rate elevated and get you in better physical condition, along with having fun.
Unit of instruction include rules of the games to be played. This will include, but not limited to, walleyball, football, volleyball, softball, soccer, pickle ball, badminton,bowling, track and field. Different types of aerobic exercise such as the mile run, beep test, and the Presidential Physical Fitness will be required along with push-ups and Ab. workouts.
- You must have a Doctor’s excuse to get out of PE
- You must have permission to leave the gymnasium during class time: this is a safety issue
- If you miss a class you may make it up with another class or put your time in at the YMCA with documentation
- All students must be in class on time with a positive attitude
- Respect everyone no matter what their ability or grade level is
- Respect the equipment and the area in which it is used
- No profanity or put downs (if so a consequence will be awarded)
- Follow the game rules, instructions and expectations
- Failure to treat other students in the class properly or disrupt the class will result in suspension from the class (Mr. Knudtson will be notified) you will receive a 0 for the day
- Always do your best and be your best, that is the Pirate way!
- The bleachers and stage are off limits no exceptions (this is your first warning)
- No cell phones
Students will receive a daily grade for physical education of a maximum of 10 points per day. Effort, attitude, cooperation, participation, and assessment scores will determine your grade.
- Student works hard with a positive attitude 9-10 pts.
- Student works hard has a poor attitude 7-8 pts.
- Student complains does not follow program 3-6 pts.
- Student did not dress or put forth effort 0-2 pts.
A 93-100 C 73-77
A-90-92 C- 70-72
B+88-89 D+ 68-69
B 83-87 D 63-67
B-80-82 D- 60-62
C+78-79 F 59